An Art-Filled June


I thought I’d get this blog started by sharing a bit about the exciting month I had in June.  It turned out to be a very artsy month!


For the first 3 weekends, I had a booth at the ChippewaValley LOG JAM Wild West & Steampunk Festival!  I brought some art prints to sell, but thanks to a tip from a friend who informed me the organizers were hoping to have a caricaturist, I pulled out my markers and put my former Kaman’s Art Shoppes* skills to use for the first time in years!  I’d forgotten how much fun it is to draw caricatures, especially when there are happy customers!

The Delorean & Tardis Whaaat!?
 


An extra bonus was getting to dress in Steampunk gear- my mom even joined in on the fun!  Isn’t she great!?






___________________________________________________

 

In-between the busy weekends, some of my art was sent on a business trip.  This fan art piece of Aerith & Tifa  was featured at the June 12th Final Fantasy Tribute Show in San Diego, CA.  My participation, again, thanks to a good friend.







___________________________________________________

To round out this great month, I roped in an actor from the LOG JAM to come pose for our monthly Eau Claire Artist’s Drawing Night (click here for info)!  He did a wonderful job; a few of my favorite sketches from the evening are below.  (I had a few duds too, but we artists like to share our best work!)


 


I'm thankful to have had such a fun month and excited for what July will bring!

-Monica

 ___________________________________________________

*Kaman’s Art Shoppes- A company that puts caricaturists, face-painters, etc. in amusement parks.  I worked for them in college doing caricatures at the San Diego zoo & safari park.

Comments