July Has Past and August is Flying By!



Wow, it’s already been over a month since the last Happenings post!  Time sure flies when life is fun and busy!  

During July, and this month as well, I’ve been taking a break from art shows to focus on freelance projects, and enjoy visits from friends & family.  I’ve had an exciting influx of children’s book work lately, with 5 different titles in the mix!  You’ll be updated with info about each of them closer to their releases, once I can share more.

Among our visitors were friends from Japan, which gave me a great excuse to do touristy things with them for a few days!  I think my favorite was taking them Trap Shooting with friends.  I’d never shot a gun before, and couldn’t believe it when I actually hit the target (a clay disc)!  My mom even caught the evidence on video…


 One day I got a neat surprise in my mail box.  My artwork had been featured in the 2015 Comic Con Souvenir book and I received a copy as proof!  If you went to Comic Con and have the book, it can be found on p. 105.


The August Drawing Night was a success, and my mom made a special appearance as the model!  I’m looking forward to the next drawing night, which happens to be tomorrow (8/20/2015)!  If you’re in the Eau Claire, WI area and would like to come, all the info you need can be found here:

 




What’s coming up next?

The Forever Girls!
I recently completed a new short story written by Scott Peterson for our online comic The Forever Girls!  Check out our first short here: http://theforevergirls.tumblr.com/ and, check back for the new pages to be posted soon.

Thanks for reading!

-Monica

Comments